Cambro was founded by two brothers, Bill and Argyle Campbell, in 1951, when Bill invented the Camtray® and Argyle began selling the tray to the American Hospital Supply Corporation. The Camtray was quickly embraced by restaurant, hotel, school and cafeteria operators, and it became the industry standard. Growing from this heritage, today they offer the most complete line of sizes, shapes, colors and materials in foodservice trays.
Throughout the 1960's, Cambro introduced Camcover® plate covers, drinkware, dinnerware and serving bowls to provide operators with long lasting tableware and serving items. Cambro also created the first plastic food pan and the first clear food storage container. By continuing to answer operators' storage needs, Cambro developed the complete food storage solution to help operators ensure food is stored safe and fresh. This includes their recent innovations with their exclusive FlipLid®, GripLid®, and SlidingLid™.
Over the last fifty-five years, Cambro has grown from one product, the Camtray, to thousands of products; from one salesman to a global sales and distribution network; from two presses in a small shop to several manufacturing capabilities. Yet, with their growth, the Cambro vision has never wavered: they are committed to creating and providing the most durable and highest quality products for the foodservice industry.